Wills & Probate Fee Earner £35-45,000 dependent on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fee Earner to join my clients Wills and Trusts team based in their Canterbury office.
With over 45 years’ experience in providing a range of conveyancing and other legal services to private individuals, housing providers and business clients, my clients expertise and increased market share allows them to continually expand their business to meet the demands of their work providers and clients. They are therefore looking for enthusiastic individuals to join their business, who wish to be part of their success.
Each month they act for nearly 1,000 conveyancing clients, many of whom are unmarried couples who are receiving gifts to help with their deposit. A large part of this role will involve the provision of legal guidance as to the best form of joint ownership and discuss the importance of wills, trusts and powers of attorney to help clients understand and proceed in the best way for them, and by so doing generate work for the department. Currently the Wills and Trust department is small but has lots of potential to grow with the right people and the right drive.
Key Duties of the Role:
- Network locally to grow and develop your caseload.
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Handle confidential information.
- Have a sound understanding and awareness of all relevant law, processes, and procedures.
- Keep clients up to date with progress.
- Manage and update our case management system.
- Participate in all training programmes initiated by the Line Managers;
- Report all issues of concern to the Head of Department or as they may direct;
- To adhere to policies and procedures of the Firm at all times;
- To administer daily work within the restrictions of GDPR, Law Society; Conveyancing Quality Scheme and Solicitors Regulation Authority;
- To undertake additional tasks as deemed reasonable to meet the needs of the team in the delivery of excellent client service.
Requirements for the Role:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in Wills and Probate
- Possess excellent client care and interpersonal skills
- Have a ‘can-do attitude’ and a willingness to help grow the department
- Have strong IT, typing skills and confidence in preparing written documents
- Possess strong organisational and time-management skills
- Possess good technical knowledge and practical experience of Wills, Lasting Powers
- of Attorney, Probate, Inheritance Tax and Court of Protection Matters
- Up to date with Solicitors Accounts Rules and Code of Conduct
- Have an up to date understanding of recent and important precedent wills and probate law cases, statutes and Statutory Instruments and their application
- Discount site
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Company pension scheme
My client is able to offer a competitive salary to the right candidate and the opportunity to develop a career within the legal environment. This is a demanding, hands-on role which will suit a confident professional individual. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
My client and the Recruitment Bureau are dedicated to being an equal opportunity employer and building an inclusive and diverse workforce.