Sourcing Assistant Salary: £24 -27,000 Location: East Grinstead
To responsibly and securely source electronic components and devices across global markets. Managing enquiries, quotations and sales orders from our customers, supporting our external field sales team and our supplier partners, liaising with other departments such as Finance and Warehousing to ensure we always meet customer expectations.
Overview My client is looking to grow their international sourcing team to support their field sales team to build their presence within this exciting market sector. As a long-established player in this sector, with over 35 years’ experience my client has a great reputation for quality, speed of response and delivering for our customers. This role is to join an existing sourcing team and is ideally suited to someone who is looking to make their next career move in sourcing. Fast paced and demanding the role is a rewarding one and offers potential for future career development for the right candidate.
- To source electronic components, devices and other customer requirements in a compliant, secure and cost-effective manner to meet customer requirements.
- Being part of the team taking incoming customer calls and either handling the enquiry or redirecting the call to the appropriate salesperson
- Process customer enquiries and requests for quotes
- Liaise with sales team, customers, and suppliers to collate all required information
- Prepare and send customer quotations
- Obtain prices from suppliers, review margin. Ensure all checks are carried out before the quotation is sent to the customer
- Follow up and progress outstanding quotes. Log all feedback within the Company CRM system
- Support colleagues to achieve customer on time deliveries.
- Build and maintain relationships with all allocated customers and suppliers and ensure they are kept informed about the status of their quotation and order
- Log all activities within the CRM
- Respond promptly to customer queries to ensure they are properly managed through the appropriate procedures
- Supplier purchase order management to place, review, and confirm orders.
- Monitor proforma invoices and send to the finance team with a follow up to ensure payment.
- Send Customer Order Acknowledgements, including amended OA’s where necessary.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date UK customer database
- Request customer concessions where necessary
- Respond to customer Open Order Book (OOB) requests for updates and reschedule orders where necessary.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Proven experience in a sourcing, buying or procurement role – applicants without this demonstrable experience will not be considered.
- A procedural mindset with the ability to prioritise in a fast paced customer facing environment.
- Ability to work independently.
Additional Competences Required
Career Experience / Competence
- Problem solver, inquisitive by nature and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Previous experience in a sales office or a busy administrative role
- Ability to correctly interpret and act on reports, data and information received
- Comfortable dealing with individuals across all levels within the company
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and outgoing telephone manner
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Expertise using a CRM system would be preferred
- Accurate data entry
- A good understanding of Quality management principals
My client offers a very friendly place to work with a strong team spirit. It is also extremely ambitious and they have made it very clear there is a real opportunity for career development for the right candidate.
If you like the sound of this job, have your skills, experience and ambition meet those of my client then I would love to hear from you.